- Banks and Financial Firms
- Colleges and universities
- Consulting Firms
- Government agencies (Defense, Labor, Agriculture, Justice, Health and Human Services, Transportation, Commerce, Treasury, NASA, Library of Congress)
- High Schools
- Industry (manufacturing, transportation, aerospace, communications, machinery, electrical equipment, pharmaceuticals, other private industries)
- Insurance Agencies
- Law and Health Professions
- Private Research Institutions
- Publishing companies including scientific journals, magazines, textbooks
- Security Agencies
Actuarial Science: Actuaries find employment with insurance companies, government, hospitals, banks and accounting firms. This concentration aims to prepare students for the first three actuarial examinations administered by the professional actuarial organizations.
Applied Mathematics: Students with training in applied mathematics are employed in business, industry and government. This option is also good preparation for graduate study in fields closely related to mathematics such as computer science, statistics and engineering.
Pure Mathematics: Students will be well prepared for a variety of careers in the mathematical sciences as well as for graduate work in mathematics. Pure math students succeed in computer science, economics, law, engineering, medicine and business.
Mathematics Education: Students will be prepared to become secondary education (middle school and high school) and other careers related as well as prepared for M.S. Mathematics with concentration in Mathematics Education.
Employers of IUPUI Math Graduates
- National Security Agency
- Roche Diagnostics
- Rolls Royce