Information for Students
Where will your science degree take you?
Attend the Next Step Fair to learn more about careers, internships, graduate schools, and professional schools. Organized by the School of Science Office of Pre-Professional & Career Preparation (PREPs), the Next Step Fair will offer opportunities to speak to a diverse group of employers and graduate/professional school program representatives so that you can be prepared for whatever your next step may be.
The Next Step Fair
- Tuesday, March 8th
- 1pm - 4pm
- Campus Center 450
- Free Professional Photos for all who attend!
Who's Attending (so far)
- BioStorage Technologies
- Behavior Analysis Center for Autism
- Teach For America
- PhysAssist Scribes, Inc.
- Life-Health Sciences Internship Program at IUPUI
- Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Opportunities for Positive Growth, Inc.
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- Bastian Solutions
- Indianapolis Teaching Fellows
- US Army Healthcare Team
- Pinnacle Solutions
- Pace Analytical Services
- Applied Behavior Center for Autism
- Meaningful Day Services
- IU School of Informatics and Computing
- Purdue University Graduate School
- IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Mount St Joseph University
- Sherman College of Chiropractic
- IUPUI School of Science
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- A.T. Still University
- LMU- Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Illinois College of Optometry
- Manchester University College of Pharmacy
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of St Augustine
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- University of Kentucky College of Health Sciences
- St. George's University, Grenada, West Indies
- University of Medicine and Health Sciences, St. Kitts
- University of Cincinnati James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
- Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
12 Days of Next Step PREP!
This year, PREPs is making it easy to be fully prepared for the Next Step Fair, just participate in the 12 days of PREP and win promos!
- Day 1. Friday, February 19: Stop by the PREPs office for free snacks and interactive Next Step Fair activities.
- Day 2. Monday, February 22: Get Tied Up. Come to the PREPs office to learn the art of tying a tie
- Day 3. Tuesday, February 23: The Power of a Handshake. Need feedback on your handshake, swing by the PREPs office for a handshake analysis
- Day 4. Wednesday, February 24: Outfit Analysis! Send us a snapchat to SciencePREPs or tag @SciencePREPs in a pic of you in your career fair suit on social media for us to give our professional feedback. Free padfolios for each picture while supplies last! Not sure what to wear, click here.
- Day 5. Thursday, February 25: Draft your elevator pitch. Here's how.
- Day 6. Friday, February 26: Clean up your online presence. Make sure employers can't find anything too personal about you on the internet. Here are tips on making the best digital impression.
- Day 7. Monday, February 29: Resume Review in the SL/LD Lobby from 11-2. Bring your resume for review and take your pick from three promos: touchscreen gloves, stressballs, or runner's packs
- Day 8. Tuesday, March 1: Resume Review in the SL/LD Lobby from 11-2. Bring your resume for review (or a second review!) and take your pick from three promos: touchscreen gloves, stressballs, or runner's packs
- Day 9. Wednesday, March 2: Do your research! Learn about who is going to be at the career fair so that you are prepared to approach them.
- Day 10. Thursday, March 3: Break in your shoes. If you have new dress shoes, the day of the fair is not when you should be breaking them in. Wear them around campus or the house first, and bring band-aids.
- Day 11. Friday, March 4: Hair, beard, piercing, makeup, and tattoo questions. Unsure how to wear your hair or what employers will think of your beard? Swing by the PREPs office for an analysis and pick up a free promo!
- Day 12. Monday, March 7: The Career Fair is tomorrow!! Tweet your last minute questions to @SciencePREPs!