Information for Students
Where will your science degree take you?
Attend the Next Step Fair to learn more about careers, internships, graduate schools, and professional schools. Organized by the School of Science Office of Pre-Professional & Career Preparation (PREPs), the Next Step Fair will offer opportunities to speak to a diverse group of employers, program representatives for various research opportunities, and graduate and professional school representatives.
The Next Step Fair
- Tuesday, March 8th
- 1pm - 4pm
- Campus Center 450
- Free Professional Photos for all who attend!
- Coming soon!
12 Days of Next Step PREP!
This year, PREPs is making it easy to be fully prepared for the Next Step Fair, just participate in the 12 days of PREP and win promos!
- Day 1. Friday, February 19: Stop by the PREPs office for free snacks and interactive Next Step Fair activities.
- Day 2. Monday, February 22: Get Tied Up. Come to the PREPs office to learn the art of tying a tie
- Day 3. Tuesday, February 23: The Power of a Handshake. Need feedback on your handshake, swing by the PREPs office for a handshake analysis
- Day 4. Wednesday, February 24: Outfit Analysis! Send us a snapchat to SciencePREPs or tag @SciencePREPs in a pic of you in your career fair suit on social media for us to give our professional feedback. Free padfolios for each picture while supplies last! Not sure what to wear, click here.
- Day 5. Thursday, February 25: Draft your elevator pitch. Here's how.
- Day 6. Friday, February 26: Clean up your online presence. Make sure employers can't find anything too personal about you on the internet. Here are tips on making the best digital impression.
- Day 7. Monday, February 29: Resume Review in the SL/LD Lobby from 11-2. Bring your resume for review and take your pick from three promos: touchscreen gloves, stressballs, or runner's packs
- Day 8. Tuesday, March 1: Resume Review in the SL/LD Lobby from 11-2. Bring your resume for review (or a second review!) and take your pick from three promos: touchscreen gloves, stressballs, or runner's packs
- Day 9. Wednesday, March 2: Do your research! Learn about who is going to be at the career fair so that you are prepared to approach them.
- Day 10. Thursday, March 3: Break in your shoes. If you have new dress shoes, the day of the fair is not when you should be breaking them in. Wear them around campus or the house first, and bring band-aids.
- Day 11. Friday, March 4: Hair, beard, piercing, makeup, and tattoo questions. Unsure how to wear your hair or what employers will think of your beard? Swing by the PREPs office for an analysis and pick up a free promo!
- Day 12. Monday, March 7: The Career Fair is tomorrow!! Tweet your last minute questions to @SciencePREPs!