Step 4: Make a Great First Impression
It takes only 12-15 seconds to make a first impression. So you need to know how to make the most of that moment.
- Make sure you are at least ten minutes early, any earlier may make you too nervous.
- Make sure your suit is clean and pressed.
- Practice your handshake. It should be firm, dry, and make full palm-to-palm contact.
- Make eye contact. This conveys a sense of confidence.
- Speak slowly with a steady voice. This conveys a sense or professionalism.
- Be aware of your body language. Make sure you have good posture and are aware of your gestures.
See our First Impressions video for more information.