Occupational /Physical Therapy Programs Interview Questions
If you are unsure how to answer any of these questions, check out Step 2 of our Interview Prep page for detailed tips on how to correctly answer tricky interview questions.
Questions About You
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your two best points?
- What are your two weakest points?
- What are three things you want to change about yourself?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Explain your leadership/research/volunteer experiences.
- What extracurricular activities are you engaged in?
- Which of your college courses interested you the most?
- What interests you outside of Occupational/Physical Therapy and getting into Occupational/Physical Therapy School?
- Where do you see yourself in five/ten years?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Why did you choose the undergraduate school you went to, and if you could, would you do anything differently?
- What do you do to relieve stress?
- What course was most academically challenging for you?
- What life experiences have made you a better person?
Questions About Your Occupational/Physical Therapy School Goals
- Why do you want to be an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
- When did you decide Occupational/Physical Therapy was a good career choice for you?
- What steps have you taken to confirm that you want to be an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
- What do you feel are the most important qualities in being a good Occupational/Physical Therapist?
- What opportunities have you had to observe an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
- How will you handle the stress of Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
- Outside of Occupational/Physical Therapy school, did you ever consider any other health profession?
- Why do you believe you have the ability to undertake the study and work involved in Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
- Explain the role of an Occupational/Physical Therapist.
- What did you like/dislike about the Occupational/Physical Therapy offices you have observed?
- What would you like to do if you are not accepted into Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
- What steps have you taken to acquaint yourself with the role of an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
- What aspects of your life experiences do you think makes you a good candidate for Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
- There are many specializations in Occupational/Physical Therapy, which specializations are you more interested in and why?
Questions About Occupational/Physical Therapy Program
- Why do you want to attend this Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
- How are you a match for this Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
- Describe your method of learning. How does this fit with the Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
- What schools did you apply to and why?
- What do you look for in a good Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
- Why do you want to go to school here?
- Why should this Occupational/Physical Therapy program choose you over other candidates?
Current Issue/Scenario Questions
- If you walked into a hospital room to work with a patient and they wanted to wait until a TV program was over, how would you handle the situation?
- You have a patient whose English stills needs some improvement and you do not speak their language, how do you overcome the language barrier to assist them with their needs?
- Provide an example of a time that you had to make an ethical decision. What was the situation and what did you do?