Pharmacy School Interview Questions
If you are unsure how to answer any of these questions, check out Step 2 of our Interview Prep page for detailed tips on how to correctly answer tricky interview questions.
Questions About You
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your two best points?
- What are your two weakest points?
- What are three things you want to change about yourself?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Explain your leadership/research/volunteer experiences.
- What extracurricular activities are you engaged in?
- Which of your college courses interested you the most?
- What interests you outside of pharmacy and getting into pharmacy school?
- Where do you see yourself in five/ten years?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Why did you choose the undergraduate school you went to, and if you could, would you do anything differently?
- What do you do to relieve stress?
- What course was most academically challenging for you?
- What qualities do you have that you think are important for an effective leader to have?
- Do you prefer studying on your own or in a group?
- Do you memorize or apply?
Questions About Your Pharmacy School Goals
- Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
- When did you decide pharmacy was a good career choice for you?
- What steps have you taken to confirm that you want to be a pharmacist?
- What do you think being a pharmacist entails?
- What do you feel are the most important qualities in being a good pharmacist?
- What will you be doing in pharmacy 10 years from now?
- What did you do to prepare for the PCAT?
- How will you handle the stress of pharmacy school?
- What do you think will be your greatest challenge in completing pharmacy school?
- Why do you believe you have the ability to undertake the study and work involved in pharmacy school?
- Does your family support your decision to become a pharmacist?
- What did you like/dislike about pharmacies you have observed?
- What would you like to do if you are not accepted into pharmacy school?
- What steps have you taken to acquaint yourself with what a pharmacist does?
- How do you think your role as a pharmacist fits in with your role as a member of the community?
- Why did you choose pharmacy school instead of medicine, physical therapy, or social work?
- What aspects of your life experiences do you think makes you a good candidate for pharmacy school?
- If you are accepted into two pharmacy schools of your top choice, what would you do to make up your mind?
Questions About the Pharmacy School
- Why do you want to attend [Pharmacy School Name]? How are you a match for [Pharmacy School Name]?
- Describe your method of learning. How does this fit with [Pharmacy School Name]?
- What schools did you apply to and why?
- What do you look for in a good pharmacy school?
- Why do you want to go to school here?
- Why should [Pharmacy School Name] choose you over other candidates?
- What do you know about [Pharmacy School Name] program?
- What can you contribute to [Pharmacy School Name]?
Current Issue/Scenario Questions
- What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years? How will you deal with these?
- One day, a pharmacy school classmate gives you a sheet containing questions for an upcoming exam. How would you handle the situation and what issues would you consider important in coming to a decision about what to do?
- Name a situation where you had to make an ethical decision. What did you do?
- Tell me a time when you witnessed dishonesty and what did you do?
- What are the responsibilities of a pharmacist to a customer?
- Describe a time when you worked with a difficult team member. How did you resolve those issues?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a very difficult customer or co-worker?
- What is the last book you have read? Tell me about it.
- Define Professionalism.
- Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.
- Explain how understanding diversity is important as a pharmacist.