AboutOur mission is to provide you with the highest quality career and professional development by imparting meaningful advising, programming, and connections with professional and graduate schools, employers and other community partners.
The School of Science Office of Pre-Professional and Career Preparation (PREPs) engages undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in intentional academic and career planning to help translate professional goals into reality.
Career services for current students and alumni
- Career programming (events and class presentations)
- Career resources
- One-on-one career advising
- Prerequisite course selection
- Pre-professional school track
- Graduate school track
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interviewing techniques (including mock interviews)
- Internship and job searches
- Career and major exploration
- Personal self-assessment
- Shadowing and other professional development opportunities
Below are stats on students surveyed who have known careers or reported completing at least 1 internship:
- 64% of students completed at least 1 internship during their time at IUPUI
- 38% of students said their internship led to a full-time job offer
- 94% of students said internships complemented their degree and helped prepare them for future careers
PREPs is now using ScienceLink for appointment scheduling. If you are an IUPUI School of Science Student or Alumnus:
- Simply login to your ScienceLink account (alumnus will need to create an account)
- Select the Calendar
- Select Counseling Appointment to schedule an appointment
- Be sure to schedule with the right staff member!
* If you are unable to schedule with ScienceLink, please email SciencePREPs@iupui.edu and include your student ID#, reason for visit, and availabilities.
* Honor students not in the School of Science, if you'd like to make an appointment, please email SciencePREPs@iupui.edu with "Honors Student" in the subject line.
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Tuesday and Wednesday 2:00pm-4:00pm
- PREPs does not have walk-in hours during the summer
Meet the PREPs Team