Pre-Requisites for Dental School
The minimum requirements for dental school include 90 credit hours of coursework. A Bachelor's degree is strongly recommended. In addition applicants should also show evidence of manual dexterity.
All pre-dentistry students must complete at least one year of biology, two years of chemistry (general and organic), one year of physics, and one year of college algebra and trigonometry. Applicants must demonstrate a strong academic record and, in most cases, do well on an entrance exam. Experience in the field, whether volunteer work, job shadowing, or paid experience, is also very important to help the admissions committee understand the student's passion for the profession.
- BIOL-K101 Concepts of Biology I (5 cr.)
- BIOL-K103 Concepts of Biology II (5 cr.)
- BIOL-K384 Biological Chemistry or CHEM-C384 (3 cr.)
- BIOL-K356 Microbiology OR BIOL K338 Immunology (3 cr.)
- BIOL-K324 Cell Biology (3cr.)
- BIOL-N217 Human Physiology (5 cr.)
- BIOL-N261 Human Anatomy (5 cr.)
- CHEM-C105 / CHEM-C125 Principles of Chemistry I/Lab (3 cr./2 cr.)
- CHEM-C106 / CHEM-C126 Principles of Chemistry II/Lab (3 cr./2 cr.)
- CHEM-C341 / CHEM-C343 Organic Chemistry I/Lab (3 cr./2 cr.)
- CHEM-C342 Organic Chemistry II(3 cr.)
- PHYS-P201 General Physics I (5 cr.)
- PHYS-P202 General Physics II (5 cr.)
- PSY-B110 Introduction to Psychology (3 cr.)
- ENG-W131 English Composition I (3 cr.)
- COMM-R110 Fundamentals of Speech Communication (3 cr.)
Dental School Timeline
Download the Dental School Timeline to help you stay on track for dental school!