AboutOur mission is to provide you with the highest quality career and professional development by imparting meaningful advising, programming, and connections with professional and graduate schools, employers and other community partners.
The School of Science Office of Pre-Professional and Career Preparation (PREPs) engages undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in intentional academic and career planning to help translate professional goals into reality.
PREPs is now using EAB SSC Campus for appointment scheduling. If you are an IUPUI School of Science Student:
- Login to your SSC Campus account
- Select Get Advising
- Select Science PREPs and your reason for scheduling
- Be sure to schedule with the right staff member! (see staff areas of expertise below)
- Available appointment times will appear as blue boxes.
If you are unable to schedule with SSC Campus, please email SciencePREPs@iupui.edu and include your student ID#, reason for visit, and availabilities.
Non-Science Honors College students and School of Science Alumni, if you'd like to make an appointment, please email SciencePREPs@iupui.edu with "Honors Student Appointment" or "Alumni Appointment" in the subject line.
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Tuesday and Wednesday 2:00pm-4:00pm
- PREPs does not have walk-in hours during the summer
Career services for current students and alumni
- Career programming (events and class presentations)
- Career resources
- One-on-one career advising
- Prerequisite course selection
- Pre-professional school track
- Graduate school track
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interviewing techniques (including mock interviews)
- Internship and job searches
- Career and major exploration
- Personal self-assessment
- Shadowing and other professional development opportunities
Below are stats on students surveyed who have known careers or reported completing at least 1 internship:
- 64% of students completed at least 1 internship during their time at IUPUI
- 38% of students said their internship led to a full-time job offer
- 94% of students said internships complemented their degree and helped prepare them for future careers
Meet the PREPs Team