Professional School PreparationLike most universities, IUPUI does not offer pre-professional majors (i.e. medical or dental). Prerequisites for most professional programs often favor STEM (science, math, engineering and technology) majors and some of the highest acceptance rates for law school are STEM majors.
Interested in pursuing a professional health or law career? PREPs is committed to helping students and alumni successfully navigate the application process.
- Focused advising on the courses and experience necessary for professional school admission
- Guidance and information about opportunities that will help you stand out; including research, internships, and volunteer work.
- Help understanding and preparing for the application and interview process.
Join the School of Science Pre-Professional Advising site in Canvas for additional information and resources.
Steps for preparing for professional programs
- Learn about the admissions information for each professional program.
- Know what classes to take to prepare for professional school. See the prerequisite course information for each professional track.
- Prepare to apply to professional school:
- Track your professional development.
- Professional Shadowing is an important part of the application process.
- From the PCAT, MCAT AND GRE, learn what pre-professional school exams you need to take, when you need to take it and how much it costs.
- Network with others in the profession you're interested in.
Below, you can review pre-professional pathways Science students take for each professional program. Learn more about pre-professional school resources, prerequisite course information, and get pre-professional advising from PREPs to prepare for med, dental, vet, pharmacy school and more.