Professional School PreparationLike most universities, IUPUI does not offer pre-professional majors (i.e. medical or dental). Prerequisites for most professional programs often favor STEM (science, math, engineering and technology) majors and some of the highest acceptance rates for law school are STEM majors.
Interested in pursuing a professional health or law career? PREPs is committed to helping students and alumni successfully navigate the application process.
- Focused advising on the courses and experience necessary for professional school admission
- Guidance and information about opportunities that will help you stand out; including research, internships, and volunteer work.
- Help understanding and preparing for the application and interview process.
Steps for preparing for pre-professional programs
- Learn about the admissions information for each professional program.
- Know what classes to take to prepare for professional school. See the prerequisite course information for each professional track.
- Prepare to apply to professional school:
- Track your professional development.
- Professional Shadowing is an important part of the application process. Download PREP's professional development directory, a list of organizations and individuals who may be contacted for shadowing as well as research and internship opportunities.
- From the PCAT, MCAT AND GRE, learn what pre-professional school exams you need to take, when you need to take it and how much it costs.
- Network with others in the profession you're interested in.
- Complete the School of Science pre-professional information form, so PREPs can assist you on your pre-professional journey.
Below, you can review pre-professional tracks Science students take for each professional program. Learn more about pre-professional school resources, prerequisite course information, and get pre-professional advising from PREPs to prepare for med, dental, vet, pharmacy school and more.